Floating Boats
Closed
Floating Boats
Closed
Floating Boats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floating Boats

Closed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
SITE CLOSED
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Important News
1. There has been an UPDATE to the rules regarding signatures. Please go here to read it. :)
Important Links
~
~
~
~
~
Site Credit
Buttons made by Megan.
Banner made by Ang.
Site layout coded and done by Ang.

Thank you both! <3

The Unconventional [Alexandra]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eleonora Wilkerson

Eleonora Wilkerson

The Unconventional [Alexandra] Empty
PostSubject: The Unconventional [Alexandra]   The Unconventional [Alexandra] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Second Week of September || Year 4

The Pureblood population at Hogwarts was a small one. Or rather, it was a secluded one, where everyone knew everyone, and while Nora played nicely when they approached her, she hardly ever participated in their idle gossip and chitchat. They just weren't interesting enough for Nora. Of course, when they had their little get togethers or invited her to join them for afternoon tea, she was forced to accept, but most of those meals were spent gazing out the window until she felt enough time had passed that she could make an excuse and leave.

She was certain that they gossiped about her as soon as she left -- why wouldn't they? She wasn't exactly conventional -- but it didn't bother her. They wouldn't dare go against the Wilkerson family, and so long as she played dumb and didn't bring it up with them, they could co-exist in peace. 'Apathy saved', after all.

But it was this latest meeting that had caught her attention. While she normally let her mind wander during their chit chat, she'd caught the words 'unconventional' and immediately tuned herself in, wondering if they'd succumbed to gossiping about her right there and then; some things could not go unpunished. But then she caught the name Alexandra, and her eyebrows raised.

The Ashworths. She'd heard of them, an apparent disgraced family (a divorce had occurred, which was apparently taboo) that was still extremely powerful and nobody dared cross. Alexandra was, apparently, a Gryffindor and two years older than her. That would explain why Nora had never bumped into her before. How many times they'd talked about Alexandra, Nora didn't know, although it was clear this wasn't the first time. It was, however, the first time she'd actually heard any of it, and she was already intrigued.

From what was being said, the Gryffindor seemed like the exact type of person Nora liked. She let a few moments pass, waiting (as much as she could) for the slightest lull in the conversation. And then, as one stopped for a split second to take a breath, Nora said quite calmly, "Alex is such a nice girl; I really like her." A beat. "Speaking of her, I think we said we'd meet for lunch. I did mention before that we were friends, didn't I? Or did I forget? Oh well." She stood, not bothering to wait around. "I'll see you guys around, I'm sure."

With that, she left, realizing only once she'd closed the door what she'd done. Why had she been so foolish? Apathy saved, but she'd done the opposite of that and put a stop to their obvious gossip about a girl she only knew by reputation. They'd think twice before talking badly about her when Nora was around. It had somehow struck a chord inside her, hearing them talk badly about someone for being different. That wasn't right; this much she knew.

And so, with a sigh, she set off to find the girl she'd spoken about so casually and never actually met. She found her in the courtyard and, without hesitation, moved towards her. "Hi! Mind if I join you?  It's kind of a long story, but I have to at least be seen with you for a while. Not that I'm being forced to and don't want to, of course, but I kind of just pretended we were friends so they'd stop gossipping about you and..." She shrugged, sitting herself beside the Gryffindor. "Oops, I guess. Anyway, hi! I'm I'm Eleonora, but most people call me Nora."

Last edited by Eleonora Wilkerson on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Ashworth

Alexandra Ashworth

PostSubject: Re: The Unconventional [Alexandra]   The Unconventional [Alexandra] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 8:20 pm

Unconventional. Disgraceful. Dangerous. A threat.

Just a few of the many words that could explain Alexandra Ashworth. A woman who was a far cry from a perfect Pureblood Heiress as one could be. She didn't filter her language, she didn't hide her disgusts at the Purebloods that walked the corridors of Hogwarts, she didn't belittle Half-Bloods and Muggle-borns, she didn't attend the regular Pureblood gatherings. She knew that she was the talk of every gathering, she knew that she wasn't talked about in a favourable light.

She knew yet she didn't care.

Why should she? What people said about her was their own opinion and Alexa just didn't care enough to even be bothered to find out what they said about her. Whether they called her names behind her back or silently made plans to disgrace her was not her problem. If they even tried the latter she knew perfectly well that her Papa would fight back; he knew every law, every loophole, inside and out and she knew that he would use all of that and more to fight back with cut-throat efficiency.

The pureblood gatherings at Hogwarts, in Alexa's opinion, were nothing more than children pretending to be adults. It made her giggle at how they thought they were the top of the food chain just because they had all these secret gatherings, that weren't really all that secret if even Alexa knew where they were being held.

She didn't have many allies along the Pureblood circles but those that she had, knew to keep their heads down and mouths shut about her at this very moment in time. They weren't adults yet, not even out of their teenage years yet, she didn't need any problems being rained down on their heads; she told them to keep their lips sealed and not even speak a word about being in contact with her or even speak up in her defence, it just wasn't worth the trouble that some of them would bring upon themselves.

Despite all that though, she knew that some people just wouldn't be able to stand it. She just hadn't expected that someone to be little Nora, a fourteen-year-old Puff who was also an unconvetional Pureblood if Alexa had been informed right.

"Calm down Nora, I'm Alexandra, as I'm sure you already know but I prefer going by Alex or Alexa." Alexa soothed the younger teenager as she placed her hands on the fourteen-year-old's shoulders, her lips quirked into a bemused smile. "Take deep breaths before you work yourself up." She waited for the Hufflepuff to follow her words before continuing. "And they gossip about me all the time, I'm already used to it. As long as they only keep to gossip I won't care." She eyed the Wilkerson female. "Now, why don't you tell me exactly what had been said in that meeting, hmm?"

She made a mental note to inform her allies of Nora's standing up for her; despite knowing that the Wilkerson were a powerful family, she didn't want to put the young female at risk at school. Who knew what those idiots would do to the young Puff.
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Wilkerson

Eleonora Wilkerson

PostSubject: Re: The Unconventional [Alexandra]   The Unconventional [Alexandra] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 8:36 pm

Being told to 'calm' down made her giggle a little. It was better than getting angry or upset, although she was usually always tempted to do both. She was calm; this was her being calm. If she was worrying or freaking out, everyone would know. But, she knew, her usual self was seen as too excitable by most, not that it deterred her. And, even if it did deter her, she couldn't exactly put a stop to it without medication -- and she wasn't going back to that. It made her feel icky in so many different ways that it wasn't worth 'being calm' for a few moments.

"Oh, I'm not worked up," she replied, in the same fast tone as earlier, a bright smile on her lips. "I just talk fast. And don't worry, I don't think I can forget to breathe. At least, I never have before, although I did sometimes talk until I'm out of breath and then need to gasp, but that hasn't happened of late."

It was no big secret that she had ADHD; she'd always been open about it, and her friends often joked about it being a separate entity. Comments like "Have you seen Nora and her ADHD?" or "Is Nora and her ADHD joining us?" were common among them, and she found it as funny as they did; she wasn't offended in the least.

She was also certain that, among the Purebloods, they talked about it in perhaps a less affectionate or understanding way, but she didn't really care.

Leaning back onto her hands, Nora took in the casual way Alexand--Alex talked about being gossiped by and nodded. She knew the feeling. The only reason she still was invited to those meetings and actually bothered to go was because, while she was unconventional, her family wasn't. The Wilkersons had a name for themselves, and one girl wasn't going to change that, not if she didn't do anything too extreme.

Befriending a social outcast was technically toeing the line, but Nora never really cared about lines. That was, at least, a benefit to her last name; the line always seemed to move so she was found just shy of it. Of course, she wasn't an idiot and did something like murder or anything. Some things were too extreme for the line to be altered to suit her.

"I have absolutely no idea," Nora said, shrugging. "I never pay attention. Or rather, they're not interesting enough for my brain to want to listen, so I usually just daydream and pretend to sit at tea. It's awful and just leaves me craving a nice big mug, not dainty sips barely enough for a caterpillar to enjoy."

She offered Alex a grin. "And they talk about me all the time, too. Never to my face, of course, but as soon as I leave, I become the star of their conversation. It's honouring, if you ask me, that fourteen year old me is big enough a deal for such distinguished members of society to talk about."
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Ashworth

Alexandra Ashworth

PostSubject: Re: The Unconventional [Alexandra]   The Unconventional [Alexandra] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 9:19 am

The sixteen-year-old Gryff watched the fourteen-year-old Puff, her brows raising in amusement at the girl's words; she had heard that Nora had ADHD but she hadn't really believed the rumours after all most rumours were just that, rumours. However being with the girl for not even all of five minutes, she had to give credit where credit was due.

At least one rumour in this Merlin forsaken place is true.

"ADHD then." She murmured softly, under her breath as she eyed the Wilkerson daughter, a small smile on her lips; at least now she knew why most of the Purebloods at Hogwarts thought Nora was unconventional. Because she had ADHD. And that's what had made the younger Puff different to all the other Purebloods, they just couldn't understand it and she doubted that they ever would. Those stuck up pricks would rather see Nora burn than anything else quite probably but just like the Ashworth's, the Wilkerson name held sway in the Pureblood circles and many would be foolish to even think of crossing that family.

Being gossiped about was something that Alexa had gotten used to very, very quickly; she hadn't even been at Hogwarts for a week as a First Year when the first rumours and words floated about her. She had been annoyed at first, furious and fuming at how people dared to talk behind her back about her but within days those feelings dwindled down; she didn't care about their opinions and she never would, what was the point of caring about it anyway?

"I remember, those meetings did drag on for too long." She said with a grimace on her lips, she had never liked those gatherings and hadn't even gone to them ever since she had been half-way through her first year, not that they would've let her back in on those gatherings considering just what she had done on her very first meeting. It was still an amusing and very fond memory to this day.

"Distinguished members my ass." Alexa snorted in an un-lady-like way, her lips pursed and her brow arching at obviously sarcastic remark Nora just spoke. "The only distinguishing thing about them is the fact that they have money and even then it doesn't belong to them but the head of their family."
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Wilkerson

Eleonora Wilkerson

PostSubject: Re: The Unconventional [Alexandra]   The Unconventional [Alexandra] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 5:17 pm

"Sorry, what was that?" Nora asked, having been distracted by a movement on her left. It had turned out to be a leaf, but in the couple of seconds that it took her to turn there and back, she'd missed the words Alex had said. She'd heard the murmur, indicating there had been something said, but the words themselves had gone unabsorbed. "I didn't catch it," she added, an apology in her tone. Normally, she was really good at paying attention -- but when indoors or alone with someone. The more stimuli there was around her, the more likely she was to get distracted. And outside, with the wind and the animals and people... Conversation was going to be rather difficult.

But she was used to it, and it didn't even cross her mind that it was unusual for her to be looking around every few moments.

The statement made her raise her eyebrows. "Oh, have you attended them before? They way they talked about you earlier, I assumed you'd just never been invited. Of course, you are older than me, so I guess you could've been in your first year... What made you stop going?" She paused, shrugging a little. "I always leave early. I have thousands of excuses prepared, so I only stay for half an hour or more, and then I excuse myself and leave." She let out a laugh. "Once, one of the girls questioned my excuse. Said it was 'weak' or something along those lines. I told my parents. The very next week, they hosted a party of sorts and everyone was invited except her."

She smiled, a sort of satisfaction on her lips. She may have been a Hufflepuff, but if crossed, she could act without a conscience. "That got the message across loud and clear. Nobody dares cross me to my face anymore. I'm not stupid enough to think they don't gossip about me, of course; I mean, they gossip about everyone, different, unconventional, or perfectly new...newo... normal or not."

Nora grinned at the reply. "Well, some of them get pocket money. More than me, too, and I mean I know I get a lot as it is, but they do have money."
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Ashworth

Alexandra Ashworth

PostSubject: Re: The Unconventional [Alexandra]   The Unconventional [Alexandra] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 8:26 pm

"I was just talking to myself, don't worry about it." Alexa replied with a soft smile on her face as she watched Nora literally vibrate in her seat. She didn't know many people with ADHD but she had researched it and she was quite aware that a person with ADHD couldn't stay in one place for long. The Ashworth Heiress watched as Nora's eyes literally flew all over the place, clearly unable to stop herself from looking at whatever was going on around the place.

It was a new experience for Alexa, to see how a person with ADHD behaved; clearly, her mind didn't let her stop from over-thinking things.

"Once, in my first year," Alexa smirked at Nora in obvious amusement as she leant back against the tree that she was sitting under. "They were forced to invite me pretty much. A pureblood gathering and not to invite an Ashworth? That would be blasphemy on their distinguished meetings. They regretted it though pretty much within the first few minutes." She gave Nora a look from the corner of her eye. "You are aware of my reputation aren't you?" She didn't even wait for the nod before continuing. "How I hate how Purebloods act...? Well, the very first meeting I managed to insult each and every one of the fuckers, ripping them apart and pretty much calling them every name under the moon. Of course, they tried threatening me afterwards, tried to make me stand down but I wouldn't, it wasn't how I was brought up by Papa. Eventually, they even tried threatening me with bankrupting the Ashworths. Do you want to know what my reply was?" The sixteen-year-old stared at the fourteen-year-old, a wry smile on her lips as she remembered that day as clearly as if it had happened only yesterday.

"I told them, and I'm going to quote this word for word now, "You can try to do that to Papa but I wonder, at the end of it who it will be that will be bankrupt, scrambling to save their wealth and reputation. You do know who my Papa is, don't you? He may be divorced and he may have brought shame to the Pureblood circles by doing it but he still is an Ashworth. And you don't fuck with an Ashworth. Because we will fuck you up a hundred times worse. So before you even think of trying to do what you said you would do, make sure that you know who you are dealing with." and then I just left the meeting like that."

She remembered their faces and how quickly they had lost the colour on them; they had, clearly, forgotten that you don't want to mess with an Ashworth if you want to save your own hide and reputation. It just wasn't done though there still was the odd Pureblood who tried doing, not that it helped considering the fact that her Papa was one nasty mother-fucker when it came to their enemies.

"The Wilkerson's are just as bad as the Ashworth's when it comes to stuff like that huh..?" Alexa laughed softly at the satisfaction she saw on the Puff's lips, her own curling into a smirk. "They can gossip all they want as long as they don't try to pull the stunt they tried once more... I don't particularly care for throwing my name around but if push comes to a shove I will do it."

"Money that will dry out if they're not careful." Alexa pointed out with an arched brow. "Well, they can flash their money all they want. It's pocket money that they have and nothing more."
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Wilkerson

Eleonora Wilkerson

PostSubject: Re: The Unconventional [Alexandra]   The Unconventional [Alexandra] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Shrugging, Nora let it slide. She was certain it had been a comment either not meant for her or regarding her; why else would she be told not to worry about it? That was a phrase she'd heard often, sometimes when she pretended she hadn't heard said thing. Most times, that was because they'd said something nasty either about her or something similar. But would Alex really do that? Nora wasn't sure, but it didn't really matter. She knew she was a handful for most, not to mention 'an experience', whatever that meant. She was different, that much she knew, and that was perfectly alright.

Listening intently -- or as intently as she could -- Nora could almost imagine it. Luckily for her, the story was one she was actually interested in, and not one forced upon her. If she hadn't asked (or asked out of politeness instead of curiosity) or hadn't been interested, she would have zoned out a long time ago. It was ironic, considering most of the stories she told were long winded, jumping from here and there, going in circles and taking a long road that sometimes doubled back instead of a straight and simple path.

There were just so many details to a story, after all, and she never knew which were vital and which weren't -- so she gave them all. If she wasn't focusing, she would have probrably named the colour of the shirt the person had been wearing, but thankfully she'd learnt that that was one of the details that she really didn't need to give.

She gave a half-nod at the question, and then shrugged. But the story was moving on before she had a chance to speak, and she did her utmost best to listen. When there was a short pause, she opened her mouth to comment, faltered, and then forcibly shut it again, settling for a nod; if she tried to say 'no, what?' she'd probably have gone on for much longer and interrupt the story. Besides, she really did want to know what was said. She was certain it wasn't pleasant; if the entire female Pureblood population (or those of value, anyway) shunned the witch, it had to be bad.

And, as Nora listened, she was proven right, and her lips curled into a grin. While the language she didn't agree with -- swearing wasn't nice, and besides, there were so many other words to use. If you had to resort to foul language, it showed you weren't creative enough, her teacher once told her, not that she fully believed it -- the sentiment was perfect, and she let out a laugh.

"I can't do that. My mother would kill me," she said, her tone showing she didn't mind not doing it. "I mean, we're still a respected family, and it's only me that's different and non-typical, although I can't really help it. Not that your family isn't respected, of course; I mean, everyone knows that Ashworths are powerful people. I just mean I'm the only one to be unconventional. I don't see anything wrong with it, if you ask me. I mean it's just a difference in behaviour, and I don't see how that's wrong at all because it's not like we want everyone to behave the same; when people do we tell them to stop copying others and 'be yourself' so why do we ostracise them when they do? It makes no sense."

She paused, tilting her head a little. "And no, I don't know your reputation. Well, I mean, yes, I kind of do, but not fully. I said I don't pay attention in those meetings, didn't I? I think I did... Anyway, I know what they've said about your family -- the divorce and all -- and that you aren't conventional. But then again, I'm not either so I don't really listen to what they say, cos you're like me and I'm like you. I don't mean we're similar, but like, we're the same, you know?"

"I don't mind throwing my name around if it means those idiots shut up, but I wouldn't do it for any other reason." Hesitating a moment, she frowned. "Actually, that's not true. I use it to buy things, too, cos then I get discounts. Like, my father has dealings with certain shops so all of us get discounts when we go there so I have to use my name, but I don't use it other than that. And I love money. How else can I buy things?"
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Ashworth

Alexandra Ashworth

PostSubject: Re: The Unconventional [Alexandra]   The Unconventional [Alexandra] EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 1:28 am

Alexa didn't mutter those words to be mean or even hurtful, she just confirmed to herself what she had heard from rumours. ADHD wasn't something that she would condemn Nora for, some people were born with it just like some people were born with OCD, it was a part of them.

She watched Nora from the corner of her eye as she told her story to make sure that she wasn't forcing it onto the young Hufflepuff; the worst thing about telling a story from the past was telling it to someone who did not want to listen to it. Thankfully Nora looked all eager to hear what she had said and done.

"Oh my Papa tanned my bum when I got home for the holidays at Christmas for it but he also praised me for sticking up for myself like that." Alexa shrugged her shoulders, grimacing slightly at the memories of that Christmas. Her Papa hadn't even let her get a word in edge wise before he had spanked her silly for what she had done. Not that she had apologized for what she did, on her part she had nothing to apologize for. If those idiots hadn't been willing to hear her words then they shouldn't have invited her over to the meeting. "It makes sense, what you said that is... It certainly helps that I know what you are on about."

"My reputation huh..." Alexa tapped her fingers against her thigh before snorting. "My reputation could be considered not suited for a Pureblood Heiress. I'm not one of those submissive, pretty types who will just stand by and let boys walk all over me. I'm one of those girls who won't filter my language in a place like this because I will insult someone's sensibilities. I'm one of those girls who will fight back with when someone insults me... I'm not even afraid of getting my hands dirty if that is what it will take people to respect me." She huffed a laugh, rolling her eyes. "Ah yes, my Papa's divorce. I wonder why it's still talk of the Pureblood circles, not like my mother was part of a respectable Pureblood family. Just some sub family from somewhere." She waved her hand in annoyance. "Yeah, I know... Unconventional Pureblood Girls... I wonder how many of us there are, huh?"

"Oh I don't mind doing it either, I mean as an Ashworth I probably have more sway than 3/4ths of the Pureblood population here." And it was true, as one of the more powerful families, the Ashworths held quite a lot of sway everywhere and with her Papa being so versed in Law there is no-one who is dumb enough to even try to fight him. "Well, there is that as well." Alexa laughed, bumping her shoulder lightly against Nora's. "That's what we girls love the most, don't we? Shopping and having discounts at shops."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Unconventional [Alexandra]   The Unconventional [Alexandra] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Unconventional [Alexandra]
Page 1 of 1