Floating Boats
Closed
Floating Boats
Closed
Floating Boats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floating Boats

Closed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
SITE CLOSED
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Important News
1. There has been an UPDATE to the rules regarding signatures. Please go here to read it. :)
Important Links
~
~
~
~
~
Site Credit
Buttons made by Megan.
Banner made by Ang.
Site layout coded and done by Ang.

Thank you both! <3

You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eden Ming

Eden Ming

You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]   You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 7:14 pm

[[OOC: Technically, voicemails can only be 3 minutes long, and a phone can only store up to 40 minutes worth, and deletes them after 30 days. I’m going to… circumnavigate this problem by pretending that since this is an AU where superpowers exist, I can make shi..- stuff up for voicemail and phone canon. So, basically, voicemails can be 10 minutes long and there is unlimited storage with no deletion (unless you set it to auto-delete). This shall be canon throughout this thread.]]

5 November, 2016

Hey, Art. It’s me, Eden.

You already know that.

I mean, hey. How are you? I didn’t see you in school this week. Two, actually, I think?

{3 second pause}

Yeah, since the twenty-eighth.

How’re you holding up? It was rough, what D--

{6 second pause}

I mean, it hasn’t been the same without you here. We uhm, we started a new topic in biology. Human anatomy, they called it. It’s basically organs and stuff like that. I think it’s interesting. I’m doing better at it than most others. I think it’s because of my abilities. I just seem to know the body parts and stuff, it’s kind of weird. I can’t explain it. You probably would be able to. You seem the kind to just get it.

{Short pause}

Anyway.

I got stuck with Clay. You remember him right? I mean, of course you do, you haven’t been gone that long. He doesn’t do any of the work we’re assigned, and I was doing the in-class project for both of us, because you know how Ms. Dunn grades us on the work whether or not we have good partners. It makes biology less interesting, not that it was very interesting after we stopped plants. Now that was a fun topic.

{soft sigh}

Well. That’s all my side.

Call me back, if… when … I don’t know.

Just… Just call me back, okay? I’m worried.

Last edited by Eden Ming on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eden Ming

Eden Ming

PostSubject: Re: You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]   You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 7:15 pm

12 November, 2016

Hey, it’s me again.

How are things? I haven’t heard from you… I mean, that’s perfectly fine, you don’t have to call me back. I know it’s … hard doesn’t seem accurate. Difficult. Impossible. I don’t know. I just mean you’re under no obligation to call. It just… It’d be nice to know you’re okay, you know? Maybe text me if you aren’t up to talking?

Ms. Dunn changed my partner today. I told her I wasn’t going to work with someone who didn’t put in effort. You would’ve been so proud of me. I mean, I think you would have. You always did say I didn’t stand up for myself enough.

But let’s keep this between us: it wasn’t for me that I did it. He uhm.

Well, you won’t tell anyone, will you?

He insulted my plants.

I can’t be partners with someone who disrespects plants! What did my cactus ever do to him? What did my bougainvillea do? They’re innocent! So I told Ms. Dunn he wasn’t doing his work and I changed partners to Sally. She’s the quiet one with the green highlights. I don’t think we ever really talked to her, but she seems nice. She did her work, so she’s good by me. She even asked me about my plants. I think she’s interested, too, because she asked to see the greenhouses. I told her I’d take her tomorrow; today is my day to call you.

{deep, steadying breath}

Speaking of plants, the school got some new hydrangeas in. We already have the pink kinds, but I’d put in a request a few weeks ago -- I told you, didn’t I? -- for some blue ones… You know how I’ve wanted to try cross-breeding them since we covered it in biology at the start of the term? Well, I’m gonna try.

They’re self-sterile, so that saves me the process of emasculating the flowers. My worry is that there aren’t enough -- they only gave me two pots -- and apparently cross-breeding can be difficult. It’s mostly due to luck and chance, depending how they grow together, and I could end up with just pink and blue flowers. I’m hoping to get it to be a purple kind. It would be a nice addition, I think.

I… Am I making sense?

{self-conscious laugh}

You don’t care, I’m sure. I don’t even know…

{Deep breath, 3 second pause}

I hope you have a good day, Art.

I’m here if you ever want to call. Or text. Or… Yeah.

Last edited by Eden Ming on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eden Ming

Eden Ming

PostSubject: Re: You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]   You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 7:15 pm

19 November, 2016

Art, hey. How’s it going?

Some of our classmates are asking after you. I’ve told them that you’ve had some personal things to take care of. I hope that’s okay. I don’t want… I hope I didn’t… I mean, I don’t want to intrude or anything.

{mumbling} Oh god, I’m so bad at this.

{soft sigh, clears throat}

Sally is nice. Her power is telekinesis, which is cool. She helped me move the hydrangeas on Sunday; they needed to be repotted. She seems to be interested in them, so that’s a bonus.

She can’t replace you an- ah, uhm-

{awkward clearing of throat}

-you, of course. It’s different, somehow.

Not much else happened this week. Classes were boring without you, but at least I didn’t get in trouble for passing notes instead of practising my French verbs. (Honestly, French is such a complex language. Why can’t we study Thai or something? I mean. Thai isn’t that complex. Is it?)

{short pause}

Are you… are you getting these?

I hope you are.

And I hope you’re okay.

Or as okay as you can be.

I mean… I hope you’re coping. I really do.
Back to top Go down
Eden Ming

Eden Ming

PostSubject: Re: You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]   You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 9:08 pm

26 November, 2016

Hey Art.

I don’t know why I’m still calling. I’m guessing your lack of replies means you don’t actually want to hear from me, and I get that. I don’t mean to annoy you. I’m sorry if I am. I guess I’m just worried about you. I’m not gonna ask you to reply. If you want me to stop, though, say the word. I’m overthinking this. You don’t need to listen to my rambling.

But I can’t help but hope that maybe… I don’t know. That maybe this is helping you. If you’re listening at all.

{Sigh}

Well, this week was similar to the last. Classes are dull. The work isn’t difficult, not to me, anyway. We’re starting the one-on-one sessions next year. They briefed us about it. We’re paired with one of the teachers and we’ll practise our abilities. I don’t know how that will work for me. Are they going to hurt themselves for me to heal? I’m not going to waste my plant’s life on someone who hurts themself for a class exercise! You’ve got to be kidding me!

I’m really nervous about it, honestly. You’re the only one who ever really got it. Plants… They’re like my children.

{Pause, slight laugh}

That felt weird to say. Maybe I am crazy.

I don’t know, man.

They’re also starting us in the obstacle courses once the snow has melted. Apparently Superheroes need to have physical strength, too. I can just imagine you pretending to complete it with one of your illusions…

{Laugh}

Do you think it’d work?

Some older students are saying the teacher for that subject is a mean old bat. I guess I should start working out now so I don’t get yelled at. You know I don’t deal well with that.

{Pause}

Do you think you’ll be back by then?

I mean. Take as much time as you need. It would be nice to see you again. That’s all.

Have a… Uh, a good day.

Back to top Go down
Eden Ming

Eden Ming

PostSubject: Re: You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]   You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 9:10 pm

3 December, 2016

Hey Art.

Well, the snow has finally arrived. It happens every year and yet I’m still devastated when my plants di..-

{Sudden spluttering}

U-uh. I-I-I… That is… U-uhm. I-I-I… U-uh. I mean… Uh… I-I...

{Cough}
Back to top Go down
Eden Ming

Eden Ming

PostSubject: Re: You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]   You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 9:11 pm

3 December, 2016 (5 mins later)

I’m sorry. Ignore the previous message. I… I wasn’t thinking. God. I’m so sorry.

The uh, the snow is… nice. I guess. It’s cold. It’s… Yeah. And uhm, I mean, it’s nice. It’s… Snow. I mean, you know what snow looks like. It snows every year. Or at least, it does where I grew up. Does it where you are? I mean I know it doesn’t snow everywhere. But it does here. And it’s… Yeah, it’s nice. It’s… It’s… Well, it’s white and cold and…

{Fumbling/indistinct noises}

{Mumbling} For f***’s sake, Eden. What is wrong with you?

Back to top Go down
Eden Ming

Eden Ming

PostSubject: Re: You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]   You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 9:29 pm

17 December, 2016

Hey Art.

So the holidays have officially started. I’m back home with my family. I honestly miss school. It’s not the same without you there, but at least I have people my age. At the farm dad just expects me to work and work and work. I’m not complaining -- well. I am. But I mean… Yeah -- because I know it’s just how he shows love. It’s a Chinese thing, I think, because grandpa is the same when we visit him.

How are your holidays going?

I uh, made you a gift. I don’t know if you’re coming back to school next year, but if you are I’ll pass it to you.

{Pause}

I shouldn’t tell you but I’m excited about it. You know how I picked up crocheting recently? I’ve been practising a lot, mostly during history class (Did I tell you Ms. Scott retired, and her replacement is a wonderful lady called Ms. Frey? She isn’t as strict as Ms. Scott had been, and lets us do what we want as long as we can still pass her tests. But the downside is she gives us tests every two weeks. It’s… challenging to stay on top of.) and I’ve learnt to make these really cute animals.

I made one for Sally. She’s been really nice to me and more importantly, she respects and loves my plants. (They belong to the school, but I still call them mine.) I made her a tiny kitten, because she was talking about how she wanted one but her parents didn’t allow it.

And I know you like birds, but we never talked about which kind is your favourite… So I uh. I made you a couple. I made you a robin, and a bluejay, and an eagle, and a sparrow, and an owl, and a penguin…

{Pause}

Uhm. And also I saw a design for a really cute turtle, so I made that as well. And there was also an elephant design I wanted to try, and the book had it paired with a giraffe so I obviously had to do that, too. And then I remembered you said you liked pangolins, but it ended up looking like a pile of shit, so I threw it away. I’ll probably try again sometime.

{Pause, nervous laugh}

Okay, I made you a zoo, but I mean, they’re really cute and I wasn’t sure which you’d like most, so I just… Made them all?

Anyway, I’ll be in Hong Kong until school reopens, and dad will kill me if I made international calls. So uhm, Merry Christmas, Art. I’ll call again in Jan.

Back to top Go down
Eden Ming

Eden Ming

PostSubject: Re: You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]   You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 10:07 pm

9 January, 2017

Hey Art.

How was your holidays? I was hoping… I mean, school’s started again. I was kinda hoping I’d see you, but I understand you can’t. The teachers made us all see grief counselors before the holiday. I didn’t want to say anything then… I don’t know why I’m even bringing it up. It helped, I guess. I’m pouring my time into plants, mostly. It’s still winter so nothing’s really growing, but the greenhouses are kept warm so I still have those plants.

My hydrangeas have finally started to become fertile, so I’ve already started the cross-pollination. Hopefully when spring comes round I’ll have some purple ones growing. I think you’d like them. They’re pretty. The school also wanted to bring in roses, for whatever deranged reason. I tried to tell them that we don’t have the right soil or compost for them to thrive but they seem to think I’m some miracle worker.

I’ve had dad ship in some soil for me. I’m going to try and cultivate them as much as possible. I don’t want them to suffer because some fool thought roses could survive here. I swear these people know nothing about plants. It’s almost embarrassing.

Sally introduced me to some of her friends. They seem to be older kids, mostly, year 2 and 3. One of them -- Riley -- manipulates heat or fire or something. Sally asked for his help in maintaining the temperature of the greenhouse yesterday, when the ventilation heater broke and maintenance was trying to figure out where it was broken. We managed to save most of the cacti, but my favourite one had just begun to flower and the sudden drop of temp made it wilt. It’ll grow back. I hope.

{Pause}

But I’m ranting about plants again. I’m sorry.

I mean, I’m doing alright. As alright as I can. Having friends helps -- Sally, Riley too, I guess. None of the others seem really interested in me or plants. That’s okay. I don’t need them. I only need you--

{Cough}

--you know, one or two good ones.

Anyway. You know, same as always. Wish you were here, hope you’re well, call or text if you want.

Back to top Go down
Eden Ming

Eden Ming

PostSubject: Re: You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]   You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 10:45 pm

14 January, 2017

Hey Art.

How are things?

We have a new teacher for maths. Her name’s Ms. Rudean, but we call her Ms. Rude. At least, Sally and Riley and the others do. I think it’s … uh. Well, rude. She’s not a bad teacher. I like her. She’s patient and nice, if you try hard and at least attempt to do the work. She’s patient with me, because you know I’m bad at numbers, and she helps me with what I don’t know.

But she is very harsh on those who don’t try, so Sally and Riley often gets in trouble.

I sit with them for lunch now. Or rather they sit with me. I don’t know how it started. I uh, honestly prefer being alone. Or with one or two people. Like you and D-- Like you. But now I sit with Sally and Riley and like four others and… I don’t know. It just feels crowded.

I forgot to tell you. Sally loved her cat. I didn’t tell her I made you a zoo, of course, because she tends to get jealous of things. But she gave me a plant in return. Aloe vera. Apparently it’s got natural healing properties, which is why she got it for me, but I don’t know how to tell her that I don’t fancy that plant. I mean, I love it, of course. I love all plants. But I love aloe vera less than I love others. (Don’t tell.)

I don’t know why. They just seem so… odd. They have cacti properties with spiny, thick leaves, but they don’t do well like cacti do in heat. They’re actually fussy like roses, wilting if there’s too much water. And the worst bit is they don’t even have much life in them! If I healed a single broken bone they’d wilt and be gone for good. Still. It was thoughtful of her. I shouldn’t complain.

Take care, Art.
Back to top Go down
Eden Ming

Eden Ming

PostSubject: Re: You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]   You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 11:52 am

21 January, 2017

Hey Art.

Do you remember how I said Sally gets jealous? Well, I’d forgotten I promised I would watch a movie with her and her friends. I intended to go, but then a plant was sick and I needed to watch over it, and forgot the time completely. Anyway, long story short she got upset at me because I put a plant before her (she really doesn’t know me at all, does she?) and she was raising her voice at me. (I can’t call it yelling, but she was louder than normal.)

You would’ve known what to do. You’ve always been better at the whole people thing than me. After a certain amount of time with them I just want to retreat to my plants. You know me, always putting my plants first.

{Self conscious laugh}

I’ve been doing it more now, since… I mean…

{Cough}

Anyway, I don’t know how to get her to not be mad at me. You and… Uh. You always understood when I would flake on stuff cos of a plant, or forget we had plants -- plans, sorry -- and just sit by my plants. I think you’d like the greenhouses. They brought in more plants this week. And by plants, I mean plants, not flowers, which honestly speaking, it’s about time they did.

They build a new greenhouse over the winter and they’ve asked me to help them. I don’t know why they’re trusting me, but I guess maybe it’s cos they know I’m good at plants. Is that wrong to say? I don’t want to brag, but plants is the only thing I know…

Anyway, they shipped in some encephalartos horridus, which are these African cycads that have blueish leaves. They’re so beautiful, but honestly the person in charge of ordering plants is a moron. Who orders African plants in winter? But they also got in some ferns and some horsetails, not to mention a whole bunch of conifers. It feels like my own personal heaven when I walk into it.

I spent the whole morning and afternoon repotting and checking the soil of all the plants. I almost forgot to call you, but here I am. I’m covered in dirt, but I’m… Happy, Art. Kind of. I mean, I still miss--

{Trails off, indistinct mumbling}

Hope all is well your end. I’d love to show you my plants when… if… when… you return.

Back to top Go down
Eden Ming

Eden Ming

PostSubject: Re: You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]   You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 12:01 pm

25 Jan, 2017

Hey Art. I’m calling a bit earlier, I know. I mean, it’s only been four days since the last one. I promise I’m not desperate or anything…

{Mumbling}Really, Eden?

{Clears throat}

Anyway, it’s the first day of Chinese New Year on Saturday. Dad and mum got permission to pull me from school for the next week. We’re heading off to Hong Kong. Normally the new year is in February, but for some reason it’s super early this year, so, you know, gotta visit the fam.

{Mumbling} Who says that? ‘Visit the fam’...

{Cough}

I won’t be back till the fifth, so I won’t call till that Saturday.

Anyway. Just… Just letting you know, I guess, in case you are listening and wonder why I’m not… Why I don’t… Yeah. Well. See ya.

Back to top Go down
Eden Ming

Eden Ming

PostSubject: Re: You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]   You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 12:28 pm

11 February, 2017

Hey Art.

Hong Kong was fun. I went to Disneyland with my cousins. Most of them speak English, so it was fine, but Mickey Mouse spoke in Cantonese and I think Mart and I almost wet ourselves laughing.

I’ve told you about Mart before, haven’t I? Wait. No, I don’t think so.

He’s my age, the only one that is. The rest are like, four or five years older. His full name is something like Mathias or something weird, but we just call his Mart. He’s actually from Australia. He’s something like the fifth generation there, so he doesn’t speak Cantonese at all and his accent is really strong, but he’s a cool kid. We only ever really meet during family gatherings. We tried staying in touch but it’s just not that kind of friendship, you know?

We get along great once or twice a year but I think if it was more than that… I don’t know. It just feels like one of those things that blossom really well once in awhile but not too often. Like you know how rare cacti flower? I mean, it depends on the cactus, of course, like saguaros can take fifty-five years, but basically once they are mature and only then, which is typically over thirty years. But cacti flowers are some of the most beautiful, and apparently have healing properties (although not with my abilities).

{6 second pause}

Okay, I meant to use this as an illustration that sometimes rare things are the most beautiful but then I remembered bindweed is, obviously, a weed and also beautiful, so I guess I’ll just stop talking now about it.

{Self conscious laugh}

Anyway. Uhm, I bought you a present from Disneyland. Actually, I got you more than one. Well okay. I made you a present, but I bought it first… It’s uh, more cute crochet stuff. I mean I saw they were selling a design book in one of their gift shops and it was of really cute baby Disney characters and I just had to buy the book, and then nobody in my family wanted any so I kind of just made them… all… for… uh. You? If you don’t like them I can give them to someone else, of course.

I mean I just thought… Maybe I misinterpreted it but that conversation we had ages ago… I got that you liked cute stuff from it. It’s no big thing if you don’t of course and I’ll uhm, give away all the stuff but you know, just in case you want it or it helps, not that cute things can really help I mean. Can they? Anyway, I mean, you know. Just in case.

Anyway. Yeah. Bye, Art.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]   You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

You Will Be Found (Arden Voicemails) [Closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next