Floating Boats
Closed
Floating Boats
Closed
Floating Boats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floating Boats

Closed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
SITE CLOSED
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Important News
1. There has been an UPDATE to the rules regarding signatures. Please go here to read it. :)
Important Links
~
~
~
~
~
Site Credit
Buttons made by Megan.
Banner made by Ang.
Site layout coded and done by Ang.

Thank you both! <3

We're All Mad Here [Violet]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hailey Scott

Hailey Scott

We're All Mad Here [Violet] Empty
PostSubject: We're All Mad Here [Violet]   We're All Mad Here [Violet] EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 9:06 pm

1st Week of November || 5th Year

Life was grand. Hailey was thriving in Slytherin, she had more money than she could possibly want or need, and Jerome not only had sex with her, but was dating her.

And yet, she couldn't help but feel like she was missing something, like there was more she could have. It wasn't that Jerome wasn't enough. It wasn't that she didn't only need Jerome in her life; if everyone else died and she had nothing but him, she would be satisfied. It was simply just that she was bored with those around her and wanted -- needed -- more fun.

And that was precisely why she was seeking out one Violet Lynch, Hufflepuff.

She heard rumours about her that perked her interest. There was apparently something about her that unsettled people, and that was a curious thing indeed. In her experience, those that unsettled others usually had something... dangerous about them lurking beneath the surface. Sure, there were those that could hide it -- the Bishop twins, she suspected (could never prove, but suspected nevertheless) -- but she didn't like those kind. Why hide insanity? No, she much preferred those who didn't hide like it was something to be ashamed of, like it was a curse or a disease that needed to be kept locked up.

Walking down the hall, hair still dyed in Harley Quinn colours, Hailey made her way to the Hufflepuff common room. She'd found out easily enough the password (she knew the passwords to all the common rooms, except the Ravenclaw one, since that was a riddle), and tapped the pattern on the barrels. The opening appeared, and she slid down the hole, then quickly made her way in, keeping her head down. It was an odd time, so nobody else was really there -- except, she knew from a friend, Violet.

Moving up the stairs to the dorms, she found the room that was apparently Violet's, and stepped inside, glancing around to ensure said witch was the only one there before shutting and locking the door behind her; she didn't want anyone else there.

"Hello," she greeted, moving to sit on the edge of one of the beds. "You're Violet. I'm Hailey. I've heard you unsettle people. Why is that?"
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch

Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: We're All Mad Here [Violet]   We're All Mad Here [Violet] EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 9:55 pm

Violet had decided to spend the afternoon in her dorm room, reading. It was the only place she could ever really get any peace and quiet, away from all the mindless chatter that plagued teenagers. It bored her, and so did the book that she had picked up to read. Though books, she found, were at least smarter than having to listen to who was dating who, what they supposedly did in bed, blah blah blah...

She didn't bother glancing up from her book until she heard the door being locked behind whoever had entered. Who she thought might have been a room mate returning because they'd forgotten something that wasn't really important, had turned out to be a girl who she knew was from Slytherin, her age, though who she'd never spoken to before. The girl, however, was quick to make herself comfortable, and incredibly forward with her intent on being there.

Why did Violet unsettle people?

She shifted her position, so she was more upright and placed a bookmark in her book before closing it, placing it on her bedside table. Without a word, she tilted her head to the side, considering all of the possibilities. It could have been what she'd worn to the Halloween party- a blood stained dress with a chainsaw prop that was fully functional. Or perhaps the way in which she spoke to others, bluntly and to the point, much like this Hailey girl had done. Or it could boil right down to the fact that she was simply different, and different unsettled people, whether it be good or bad. But she didn't articulate this thought process, not just yet anyway. She needed to know why this girl had gone to the effort of sneaking into the Hufflepuff dorms just to speak with her.

"The reason depends on the person," she shrugged "It's subjective." she added "Why would you think?" she asked, purely out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Hailey Scott

Hailey Scott

PostSubject: Re: We're All Mad Here [Violet]   We're All Mad Here [Violet] EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 8:49 am

Watching intently, Hailey took note of Violet's reactions. There was only curiosity, no uncertainty or fear, confirming Hailey's suspicions -- there was a third person in Hogwarts that was crazy. A real loony bin, she thought to herself. Maybe they'd start a club. Call themselves Arkham's Inmates after Batman comics. Yeah. That'd be fun.

But still, she contemplated the question. What did people say about Violet? Not much, apparently; all Hailey knew was that the Hufflepuff unsettled people. Nobody had really wanted to say more -- either that, or they didn't know more. From what Hailey could see, Violet appeared to be mostly normal. Unphased by the question, perhaps, but normal enough.

Where was the insanity that people found so disturbing?

"I don't know," Hailey replied, shrugging once. "If I knew, I wouldn't have asked, would I? All I know is that people say you unsettle them, frighten them, and that's interesting."

Not only did Hailey not feel pain, she'd become so accustomed to fear as a child that it no longer registered; all she could feel was a sense of curiosity about the world and fun. Sure, something things made her cautious, but never truly afraid. Not anymore, not since her first kill; she knew, now, that she was the monster under the bed, and monsters needn't fear.

She let out a giggle. "People are funny when they're scared. They say anything you want to hear." Shrugging again, Hailey gazed at Violet for a few seconds. "You're different. But different doesn't scare people, not always. Your different does. Why?"
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch

Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: We're All Mad Here [Violet]   We're All Mad Here [Violet] EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 1:24 pm

This girl, Hailey, was crazy. There was no doubt about that. She didn't even bother to try and hide it. Crazy and curious. Violet could see how the sort of unhinged personality might scare people. Outwardly crazy, was not Violet's style. In fact, she was much more reserved than most people. Too quiet, with the occasional bitter and sarcastic comment. She wasn't at all nice, nor did she do things that might suggest any sort of insanity. Violet definitely didn't see herself as insane by any means. She was who she was, and that was that. Hailey went on talking, questioning, and Violet let her, mulling over in her head the very, very few events where Violet had noticed people's attitudes towards her shift.

She leaned forward, crossing her legs and resting her chin in her hands "Each person has some sort of 'thing' that scares them," she replied "I think what majority of people are truly afraid of, are those that feel nothing. Because it means that they're capable of anything." she added "Sure, a few instances sprang to mind. Times I've noticed when people had shied away from me. Certain actions... That might have even prompted rumours, who knows. Truth is, people are easy to read. I'm not. People don't like not knowing stuff, and there's a lot that they don't know. So many things that they don't noticed because they're too involved in feeling their own feelings, and feeling someone else's. They're gullible, I exploit it, and they find it weird." she finally answered. There was a surprising amount of information one could tell from body language, speech patterns. Heck, if Violet cared enough, she could have blended right in. She didn't care though, and she enjoyed freaking people out slightly, it cured some of the boredom.

"I mean, that and I put a rabbit out of their misery in first year and someone saw. So it could be a mix," she shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Hailey Scott

Hailey Scott

PostSubject: Re: We're All Mad Here [Violet]   We're All Mad Here [Violet] EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 6:04 pm

Hailey took in everything Violet said with a tilted head, processing the information. Violet wasn't wrong, mostly. Not everyone, she knew, had something they were afraid of; she didn't. Or at least, she hadn't found anything that scared her -- except, possibly, the thought of losing Jerome. If that happened... well, she would reign hell on whoever had the slightest part to play in hurting him. Instead of saying this, however -- Hailey was smarter than giving someone her only fear, even if it was someone she trusted, not that she trusted Violet -- she merely nodded and smiled. Let Violet continue. There was more to be heard.

When Violet finished, Hailey giggled. "Why would helping something die make people scared? Doesn't it just make you a nice and helpful Hufflepuff?" she asked, genuine curioisty in her tone. To her, killing was either done for fun or for mercy. If done for fun, then perhaps that would be cause for worry; if out of mercy, it wasn't. There were many ways of helping people, and wasn't killing someone fast instead of slowly one of those ways? What she'd done to The Boy wasn't an act of mercy, although she had killed him too soon. That type was the type to be worried about, not 'putting something out of its misery'.

Only then did she return to the rest of Violet's words. "But not knowing is fun. You get to laern. I didn't know how long someone could live after being stabbed; now I do. It was fun learning it," she said. It was a risk, telling Violet all this, but risk added a certain... thril ... to an otherwise dull experience. In this case, she was part hoping to find a friend in Violet and half hoping that Violet would find something wrong with Hailey's words; if she threatened to tell someone, Hailey would have every reason to kill her.

And she honestly hadn't killed anyone since The Boy, and she really wanted to try again.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch

Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: We're All Mad Here [Violet]   We're All Mad Here [Violet] EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 1:47 pm

She raised an eyebrow at the girl's giggle and response about Violet merely being a merciful Hufflepuff that wanted to 'help' the rabbit "Others didn't see it that way because it wasn't a mercy killing. It wasn't hurt." she replied "I just figured it'd have to have a shit life, living in some piss poor burrow it dug for itself," she added, a smirk touching her lips. It'd really been a test for herself, to see if she could. At the time, she'd found life itself pretty miserable, her perspective at the time had been that it was an act of mercy, life was crap. Perspectives change with age and she found that, really, she did it to see if she could. She did it to push the limits of what she'd allowed herself to do.

The girl started to prattle on about learning stuff, and the differences of doing something for fun, and something for Mercy. "Well, why bother with anything if it isn't fun?" she posed the question, but she didn't expect a response.

"I guess I didn't know how delicate rabbit neck bones were until..." she made a motion of her hands twisting something and added a 'snap' sound. It was then, Violet experienced something she'd only experienced a handful of times before, and that was a thought that wasn't hers. As she'd gotten older, they had become more frequent. It wasn't something she could really control, and it took a moment before she realised that it was Hailey's voice, thinking things through. She let a few moments of silence follow, an odd expression that Violet had never worn before glimmering in her eyes, partially due to the realisation that the odd thought she heard might not have been something like another personality, but another person all together.

She had to test it though.

"You don't need to worry. I won't tell anyone." she said, looking at the girl curiously "And if you try to kill me... I'll dismember you." The last part, her voice deadly serious. Violet never made a threat that she didn't intend to keep.
Back to top Go down
Hailey Scott

Hailey Scott

PostSubject: Re: We're All Mad Here [Violet]   We're All Mad Here [Violet] EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 12:30 pm

"Eh," Hailey replied, shrugging. "If it was fun it was worth it. There are two kinds of murder: those you do because you gotta, and those you do because you wanna. If you don't gotta and you don't wanna, then you're crazy." She flashed a half-grin at Violet. "So the question is, did you wanna? Or are you crazy?"

Hailey paused at the question. "How the f*** did you know what I was thinking?" she asked, more curious than angry or upset. "Or did I think out loud again? I do that sometimes, though I really shouldn't. People don't like the thoughts I have up here." She touched a finger to her temple, and then laughed. "But I always tell them to mind their own business and not evesdrop. It's not polite to listed to one's conversation with one's self." She shrugged again. "Neccessity. It's a kill or be killed kinda world, sometimes."

The attempt at a threat made Hailey laugh. Violence usually did. There was something profoundly amusing about someone trying to hurt her, considering that she didn't feel pain to begin with. They could cut her to pieces and all she'd do was laugh in their faces. Death wasn't a scary idea; pain was. And with the latter not an issue for her, Hailey was all but fearless. The only other thing that would possibly hurt her was losing Jerome -- but that wasn't ever going to happen. Hailey would make sure of that.

Tilting her head in a sort of curious gesture, Hailey merely said, "You'd try to dismember me. I'm more flexible than you. It'd be nearly impossible to keep me still long enough to do anything." There was only simple truth in her tone; she was stating facts, not going for an argument.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're All Mad Here [Violet]   We're All Mad Here [Violet] Empty

Back to top Go down

We're All Mad Here [Violet]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Floating Boats :: Harry Potter :: Hogwarts :: Basement :: Hufflepuff Basement-
Jump to: