Floating Boats
Closed
Floating Boats
Closed
Floating Boats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floating Boats

Closed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
SITE CLOSED
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Important News
1. There has been an UPDATE to the rules regarding signatures. Please go here to read it. :)
Important Links
~
~
~
~
~
Site Credit
Buttons made by Megan.
Banner made by Ang.
Site layout coded and done by Ang.

Thank you both! <3

A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Julienne Ambrosi

Julienne Ambrosi

A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3) Empty
PostSubject: A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3)   A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 11:40 am

30th June
8:30 pm

Kylian? It's Julienne. From the Owlery. And from Hogsmeade. If you don't remember me that's alright too. I know it's late but I thought I'd ask whilst the question was fresh in my mind. You know, to keep from chickening out.

To shorten what could be a novel, I asked my parents for one day more in the U.K before returning home for the Summer holiday. My mother told me that she thought it was a great idea and she asked me if I'd like to stay in the U.K for the Summer. Though she formed the idea in a question, it was not a suggestion so much as a politely-worded demand.

I have walked the streets of Paris and Italy so many times that their pathways are carved into my mind like initials on a tree in the woods. The change of scenery, if just for a Summer, would be nice. Plus, having me out of their minds for a while would make my parents so euphoric.

My mother told me that she'd pay to have me stay somewhere; a hotel or something like that. It seems as a good an idea as any but I am not sure. What if I leave the hotel and come back looking like a completely different person? I couldn't imagine the horror of a situation such as that.

But I was thinking that perhaps reassurance that I would be alright on my own for the Summer would help the monsters in my imagination stay at bay. So here I am, lost in the webs of cyberspace, asking for an opinion on a rather odd situation.

Many thanks,
Julienne Ambrosi
Back to top Go down
Kylian Dupont

Kylian Dupont

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3)   A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 11:51 am

30th June
9:17pm

Hey Julienne! Of course I remember you. Why wouldn't I?

I'm sorry for the late reply. I was watching a movie with my mum and we have a rule about using phones.

I'm not sure how to react to your news. Why wouldn't your parents want you with them? You're lovely to be around and a delight to see. I also don't know how I feel knowing you are going to be alone in a foreign country. It's safer than most places, but you are fifteen and unfamiliar with things.

This is the second reason I was late in replying; I was talking with my mum about this. I hope you don't mind me sharing the details with her. She agreed with me about the safety thing, and she had some choice words to say about your parents, but that's not important now.

That leads me to this:

Why don't you come spend your Summer holidays with us? It won't be a bother at all; back in France, I would have friends over all the time. My mother has always stated that our home is open to those without one. In fact, if you have no where else to go, we would politely but firmly insist that you come here. At least then I won't spend my summer worrying about you every waking moment.

Of course, it is entirely up to you.
Back to top Go down
Julienne Ambrosi

Julienne Ambrosi

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3)   A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 12:09 pm

30th June
9:20pm

Did I disturb your movie? I'm sorry, I did not intend to bother you.

My parents have never been that present in my life. They are usually working or away for some reason or another. I've gotten used to navigating new places on my own for the most part. I'm rather good at keeping to myself, so I tend to remain safe and unnoticed in most dangerous or unknown areas.

Please do not think badly of my parents. I don't know if it's that they do not want me around as much as it is that they don't know how to be around me. I tend to remind them of not-so-fond memories. They mean well though, I think.

As per you and your mother's offer, I do not wish to intrude upon your family time. It would be weird, no? Having a practical stranger living in your home? I highly appreciate the offer, but I am unsure as to whether or not it would be invasive of me. You do not have to be kind out of pity.

Back to top Go down
Kylian Dupont

Kylian Dupont

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3)   A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 12:19 pm

30th June
9:23pm

No disturbance at all. Emergencies or friends in need are an exception to the no phone rule.

Your parents are... They... I can't respond to that without becoming rude. You shouldn't have to learn to keep to yourself in dangerous places. That's what parents are for -- loving you and keeping you safe.

I shall leave it at that before it turns rude.

You won't be intruding, Julienne. We're not being kind out of pity. We don't pity you; we care for you. There's a difference between something done out of love and something done out of pity, and this isn't the latter.

As my mother said: "If her parents can insist her out of a home, we can insist her into one." You'll be a part of the family while you're here.
Back to top Go down
Julienne Ambrosi

Julienne Ambrosi

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3)   A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 12:34 pm

30th June
9:25pm

Kylian, I have no intentions of disrespect but may I once again ask you to not jump to conclusions regarding my parents. I hope asking this does not offend you, but I am sure that there are multiple factors that neither you or I are aware of.

I would love to stay with you and your mother, if you are positive that it will be no intrusion. I would be a fly on the wall and you'd barely notice my presence. I am very good at blending in. I promise that I will provide you with some money needed for the extra groceries and miscellaneous needs that arise with the presence of another body for which to provide.

Do you have spare room for an owl?
Back to top Go down
Kylian Dupont

Kylian Dupont

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3)   A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 12:41 pm

30th June
9:37pm

I understand. I'm sorry for doing so. (:

We are both certain of this! Unfortunately for you, when we say you'll be like a part of the family, we mean it. The last time we had someone from one of mum's cases staying over, she was involved with everything we did, from activities to cooking. You won't be a fly on the wall; you'll be family.

My mother said to tell you "Put this absolute nonsense of money out of your mind at once. We're family, not a hotel."

We have both spare rooms for people and pets. Your owl is more than welcome.

If you are ready to leave, my mother can apparate to your location and bring you back. If you aren't sure yet, we can always wait until you are. (:
Back to top Go down
Julienne Ambrosi

Julienne Ambrosi

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3)   A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 12:54 pm

30th June
9:45pm

I don't mind cooking. I've taught myself some of the basics (I sometimes would rather cook dinner than speak to the people at the restaurant desks. They are not always too nice and they sometimes wish to begin a conversation. I often freeze up and start breathing heavily).

Though, I am unsure of how entertaining I will be to speak with. As you may have noticed previously, speaking is not one of my strongest attributes.

If you are certain, I would love to spend the holiday with you and your mother.

I truly thank you, Kylian. And I am sure that my parents will thank you as well.
Back to top Go down
Kylian Dupont

Kylian Dupont

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3)   A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 1:02 pm

30th June
9:49pm

Mum usually does the actual cooking. It's more of prepping things that she gets us to do. It's quite fun with more people. The last time she had a girl over, and the three of us ended up getting into a flour fight instead of baking the cake we meant to! She only stayed for a week before social services came. I think the longest someone has stayed with us was five months. A friend of my mum's friend's son's friend in France had been kicked out of his home, so mum offered our place. He became like an actual brother over the months. We still write often. It's a long story.

We can do activities that don't involve talking. Board games, movies, things like that. Have you ever played video games? We have four controllers... I'm getting ahead of myself, I'm sorry.

Yes, we are certain.

Let me know your location when you're ready for mum to come and get you. (: No thanks needed; what are friends for?
Back to top Go down
Julienne Ambrosi

Julienne Ambrosi

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3)   A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 1:05 pm

30th June
9:52pm

I'm at the Leaky cauldron
Back to top Go down
Kylian Dupont

Kylian Dupont

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3)   A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 2:01 pm

30th June
9:52pm

She's on the way. She's the woman wearing a black t-shirt and track pants. She'll know your name and give you the phrase 'Moon coral'. (She's an auror, and safety is a huge deal with her.)

See you soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3)   A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Change of Plans (Kylienne <3)
Page 1 of 1