Floating Boats
Closed
Floating Boats
Closed
Floating Boats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floating Boats

Closed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
SITE CLOSED
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Important News
1. There has been an UPDATE to the rules regarding signatures. Please go here to read it. :)
Important Links
~
~
~
~
~
Site Credit
Buttons made by Megan.
Banner made by Ang.
Site layout coded and done by Ang.

Thank you both! <3

Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess) Empty
PostSubject: Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess)   Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess) EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 5:30 pm

February || Year 6

A warm breeze floated up through the castle towers, moving around stone and up to the sole student looking out across the lake. Tucking her hands under her chin, she rested both on the cool ledge. Rhian took in the mountain scenery below, finally able to take a deep breath after her first week at Hogwarts.

Even the trees are different, she mused, feeling a sharp pang of home sickness. Or, at least, longing for what had been home for the last five years. North Carolina had been hot most of the year, with the constant sound of cicadas and the red clay for dirt, making it impossible to keep her converse clean. But the lakes were warm, and she'd always loved the way the heat seemed to evaporate the moisture right off her skin if she stood out in the sun long enough. Even now, as she studied her fingers, she could see the faint change in color between the tops and palms of her hands, from laying out on the grass in their yard.

Their new flat didn't have a yard. Or at least, not one she particularly wanted to lay out in. A small patch of land behind their three level building, that was more or less shared by the tenants on each level. She'd gone out to read a few times before school started, only to be interrupted by Ms. Gorge's yappy little terrier. Normally, Rhian was good with animals. But this bouncing little ball of bad breath and dandruff just wasn't having it. She'd sidestepped the short annoyance and wandered back inside, resigned to a summer indoors.

Now though, she was happy to find a space to feel the fresh air. A week ago she'd entered this new castle, so different from Ilvermorny, sorted into yet another group of students she was tasked with getting to know. They'd been friendly enough, after their weird hat spoke to her in her mind, Creepy, so she'd tried to make small talk when they spoke to her. Maybe some of them were generally interested in being friends. But the sixth year couldn't shake the feeling that she was just an oddity to them. That once they realized she wasn't anything special, they'd go back to their regularly scheduled lives.

"You'll catch more flies with honey, dear." She could practically hear Janine's voice ringing in that soft, clear tone. Always ready with a life truth for whatever ailed her, Rhian was rather fond of the strange sayings her foster mom came up with. No, she's mom now, she chided herself. It was going to take some getting used to.

Letting out a soft sigh, her eyes drifted once more over the mountains and out past the lake.

Last edited by Rhian Kael on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes

Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess)   Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess) EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 3:40 am

The new year brought nothing short of a few surprises into her life. With Elenore being completely MIA, she found herself spending more time with Delia..that is when she was available. Delia was always a social butterfly, running from one event to another, her goal was to meet and 'love' people before moving on to 'pollinate' another flower. In turn, Tess found it easy to be by herself.

Being alone was never a bad thing in her book. It meant that it allowed her to let her mind wander. It was kind of nice. This particular afternoon it was nice enough for her to take to the grounds. She had promised herself that she would not be a homebody and instead take advantage of the year and a half she had left of school.

Moving up the stairs to the seventh floor she found herself huffing sightly before reaching the top. Holding her coat close she took in a deep breath of the fresh air and stopped realizing she was not alone and it was a new face.

She briefly remembered her; the sorting that had occurred in the morning a bit ago with her being in Gryffindor. If she was perfectly honest, she remembered how it was her fourth year. It seemed like a shock especially for an anxious person such as herself.

"Good Morning" she greeted softly.
Back to top Go down
Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess)   Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess) EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 am

Another silent wave of her wand, Rhian snuggled further into her overly large cable knit sweater, feeling the air warm around her. The small pocket created by her spell wasn't one of her warmest, but it would do for now. Throughout the morning they'd wavered in intensity, mostly with her concentration. Back in the States she hadn't had much use for this spell, so hadn't practiced it as much. With the weather here, she thought, she'd have it down pat soon.

Steps on stone and labored breathing drew her attention away from the new flakes of snow that had begun to fall. Looking over towards the steps down from the tower, she saw another girl approaching. Rhian would have felt bad for not remembering someone, but....It's only been a week, hasn't it. Judging by her size, the other brunette was probably around her ago, so an upper classman at least.

At the soft greeting, the Gryffindor let a smile spread across her face gently. "Hi there," her voice carried clearly across the empty space between them. As new as she was to real winter, she loved the true quiet that descended upon nature. Turning her body towards the other girl, she wrapped her arms around her bent knees, hugging them tightly. "Is it...is it okay for me to be up here? You're the first person I've seen, I mean. I didn't exactly ask." Her eyes shot downward with a small frown, hoping she hadn't broken some unspoken rule.

Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes

Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess)   Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess) EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 9:44 am

The girl was shy but friendly, at least that's what it looked like as she greeted her in return. The accent was enough for her to realize she was the American that people were talking about. New people were always something that people gossiped about. She remembered how they had done the same to her when she was freshly transferred.

"You're within the hours, it's fine" she said softly with a smile. "You're the new girl right? I've heard about it down the halls. I know how it can be. I was a transfer too"

She remembered the whispers, the nervousness and the intrusive way that people could be. Tess was never known to be the friendliest person to begin with, but she knew that it would be nice to have someone there for you when you needed it, if it was only to get more used to the world around you. And Hogwarts was always buzzing.

Moving closer she stuck her hand out to the girl. "My name is Tess, and you are?"

Back to top Go down
Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess)   Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess) EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 am

Tension fell out of Rhian's shoulders at the girl's acknowledgement that she was okay to be there. Would be just my luck to get detention on my first day off classes, she mentally smirked at herself. When the girl continued, however, her fingers started fiddling at the hem of her sleeves, needing the tactile input.

"Yeah, that's me." She could just imagine them, younger and older, pointing and starring as if she had two heads. At least when she'd entered Ilvermorny she was among an entire class of students who were new. But she knew this feeling from years ago, the orphanage and then joining Ja-Mom and Dad's little family of misfits. Other children withstood the poking and prodding with more ease, being more outgoing and carefree. A quiet child didn't have the luxury.

Looking over at the other girl, hearing her soft voice and that she'd also come here from somewhere else, her brows rose slightly. They would be two of only a small crowd at this school, and she was happy to see the girl approach and extend her hand in greeting.

Her smile returning, Rhian unfolded her body and stood to take the proffered hand. "Rhian. Gryffindor, I guess." She let go of Tess's hand and stepped back just a bit, her hands tucking under her armpits now that she'd left her small bubble of warm, her breath misting in front of her face. "Is that important here? The houses, I mean. Some people seem to take it rather...seriously." Thinking back to the day before, she'd seen a small group of...which are the blue ties again?...pointing and laughing at a small boy with yellow on his uniform. He hadn't seemed to do anything wrong that Rhian could tell, and it'd made her proverbial hackles raise.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes

Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess)   Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess) EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Gryffindor. Interesting. Tess wondered just why this girl was so quiet if she was a Gryffindor after all she had never met someone that was so introverted. 'To be fair, you are not the normal Slytherin either' Tess thought. A touché was mumbled by her as she smiled slightly to the girl.

"House importance? Well depends on who you ask. For me, I've never really gotten along with my house" a small smirk rose from her face. "But for others, houses mean everything. Hufflepuffs are loyal finders, Ravenclaws are the brains, Gryffindors are the brave, and Slytherin...we're evil"

The smile on her face was one clearly showing her amusement. She knew that no matter what was said, they were considered bad people. She never understood why competition was necessary or needed.

"But you can believe whatever you want. I merely promise not to push you down the tower" the sarcasm was clear as she lifted her pinky as a promise. It was clear she was not meant to be the kindest person.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess)   Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess) Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday Morning Musings (Rhian and Tess)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Floating Boats :: Harry Potter :: Hogwarts :: Seventh Floor :: Astronomy Tower-
Jump to: